Day 1: AREQUIPA - CHIVAY
Pick up from your Hotel in Arequipa between 07:45 - 08:00 am if you are in the central area and between 8.00 and 8.30am if you are staying in Posada el Castillo. We begin our trip to the one of the deepest Canyons of the world, taking the highway from Yura, bordering the snow-covered Chachani mountain towards Cañahuas Pampas. We stop for coca leaf tea at the Aguada Blanca National Park, the habitat of the beautiful South American cameloidaes, the vicuñas, alpacas, waris and llamas. At Tocra lake we will be able to appreciate a variety of migratory birds, sometimes flamencos. We will pass the crater of an extinct volcano (Chucura) and then stop at the famous volcanos panoramic viewpoint, at a high 4.800 meters above sea leavel. From here we will appreciate a great part of the western mountain range, where you can truly appreciate the Pre-Inca farming Terraces / platforms know as "andenerias". Approximately 13:30, Arrival to Chivay and stop for Lunch (not included).
At 15:00 our private transport will transfer to us towards the colorful town of Coporaque, from where we will initiate an walk of approximately 2 hours, to enjoy the beautiful landscapes and nature of this side of the valley; as well as a pre-Inca cemetery located in the skirts of a mountain. You will notice that this region was intensively populated by andean communities.
At 17:00 on return from the walk you have the opportunity to enjoy the thermal baths in the lime kiln whose thermo-medicinals waters oscillate between 35º to 38º degrees Celsius in the swimming pools. (US$ 4 entry). At 20:00 Hrs Dinner (not included) accompanied by a folkloric show; be ready for the Peru andean dances.
Day 2: chivay - cruz del condor to see condors- maca- yanque- arequipa.
Breakfast, we continue 06:30 in our private transport to the view-point called " Cruz del Cóndor " about 1.30 hour drive into this National Park where you have a very beautiful view of the Colca Canyon. This is also the place where you should be able to observe several flying condors, sometimes passing very close to you (up to a few meters). Just near this area your tour guide will show you the Pre-inca tombs hanging in the mountains. Plenty of time to spend in this natural region for pictures and gentle walking around the San Pedro cactus area. On the return we will stop in the towns of Pinchollo, Maca and Yanque, with their beautiful colonial churches, as well as in the viewpoints of Choquetico and Antahuilque, from where we will observe impressive andenería farming platforms of the valley, and tombs in pre-Incas scale models. Lunch at 13:30 then Return and Arrival to the City of Arequipa 18:00 to 19:00 Hrs.
What is Included:
- Pick up from your Hotel in Arequipa between 07:00 - 07:30 am Private Transport to Chivay, Cruz del Condor and Colca in and return to Arequipa.
- Specialist English speaking tour guide.
- A short walk on Day 1 and a guided visit at the Condor´s Mirador on the 2nd morning.
- Visit of small typical towns near Cruz del Condor and Chivay.
- Accommodation in Chivay town at Hotel standard room with Breakfast. (Based in Double or Triple Accommodation.
What is not Included:
- Tourist Entry Ticket to the Colca Valley US$ 22.00 p/person.
- Meals during your tour. ( Lunches and Dinner )
- Entry to the hot springs thermal baths 15 Soles.
- Single supplement for solo travelers US$ 25.00
- Meal not mentioned in the program
We recommend that you bring
- Warm clothes for the night and early morning.
- walking shoes
- A day pack
- Camera and recharger
- Water to drink
- Sun block
- Rain jacket
- Sun glasses, sun hat
- Mosquito repellent
- Bathing suit
- Money for souvenirs and drinks
- Travel towel, sandals
- Flash light, batteries
- Classic Colca Canon 2dias /1 Noche
- Colca canyon classic trek 2 days 1 night
- Tour Packages 2 Days 1 Night Arequipa-ColcaPuno
- Trekking Colca Cañón 3 Days
- Tours in Cusco
- Tours in Lima
- Tours in Arequipa
- Tours in Puno
- Tours in Huaraz
- Tours in Iquitos
25% Discount of for season
Discount on services and