The Ausangate (6398m/20991f) is considered to be one of the most beautiful snow-capped mountains of the Andes. The region around the mountain offers impressive scenery of mountains, glaciers, lagoons and streams. Furthermore, the Andean people are very hospitable and preserve the respect for nature. The farmers have excellent knowledge in the raising of cattle such as the vicuña, the alpaca and the lama, which are all appreciated for their fine quality of wool and meat. The four hours drive from Cusco to Tinqui is an excellent preparation for the differences in temperature and altitude.
Altitude: 3900 - 5200 m. / 12795 - 17060 f.
High season: May - November
Duration: 6 days - 5 nights
Level of difficulty: Moderate / Challenge
*A minimum of 2 persons is needed for this trek
Day 1 : Cusco – Urcos – Tinqui
We will leave Cusco early in the morning by bus. On our way to Tinqui (3900m/12795f), we will pass little farms and enjoy the beautiful landscape. After a little picnic in the valley of Catca, we will continue our journey until we finally arrive at Tinqui. Here, we will spend the night at a camping site.
Transport time: 5 hours
Day 2: Tinqui – Upis
This day, we will be heading towards the community of Upis (4400m/14436f). In this little village, we will meet local families who will show us some examples of their textile work, created to honor the nature and Andean symbols. In Upis there is also the possibility to visit hot springs.
Hiking time: 6 hours Approx.
Day 3: Upis – Arapa pass – Yana cocha – Extreme Ausangate pass – Laguna Ausangate
After breakfast, we will ascend towards the first pass called Arapa (4800m/15748f). Thereafter, we will descend towards Yana cocha and have a picnic. Our route continues ascending towards the Extreme Ausangate pass (4850m/15912f) and ends at the shore of the Ausangate Lagoon (4650m/15256f) where we will camp.
Hiking time: 7 hours
Day 4: Ausangate Lagoon – Palomani pass – Jampa
The 4th day is both, the most beautiful and the most ardous one: we will first ascend towards the highest pass of this trek called the Palomani pass (5200m/17060f). From here, we will have an exceptional view of the mountains and glaciers of Ausangate. Thereafter, we will descend to the valley of Finaya Pampa and we will finally arrive at our camping site called Jampa (4700m/15420f).
Hiking time: 8 hours
Day 5: Jampa – Campa pass – Pacchanta.
The highlight of this day is definitely the spectacular ascend to the Campa pass (5100m/16732f). Moreover, we will pass several lovely lagoons on the way to our camping site in Pacchanta (4350m/14270f). Here, we will visit the hot springs and will have a typical dinner.
Hiking time: approx. 8 hours
Day 6: Pacchanta - Tinqui – Cusco
After breakfast, our trek continues towards the village Tinqui (3900m/12795f), from where we will take a bus back to Cusco. On the way we will visit either Tipon or Saylla and have a typical dish of the region, such as guinea-pig or chicharrón (on the base of pork meat).
Hiking time: 3 hours
Transport time: 5 hours,
(Typical dish of the region included)
• Private transport from the hotel to the town of Tinqui
• Return transport from Tinqui to Cusco
• Entrance to the Ausangate park
• Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
• High quality camping equipment (we use professional tents, Doite, model Kailas 3, extra light/4.5kgs and Doite, model Himalaya, extra light/4.5kgs, both large enough for 2 persons. Mattresses, eating tent with table and chairs, bathroom tent).
• Meals during the excursion (Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks/option vegetarian)
• Cook and cooking equipment
• Horseman and mules, for all our camping equipment and personal luggage (Up to 9 kg.)
• Emergency horse
• First-aid kit and oxygen bottle
Does Not Include:
• Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us)
• Breakfast and lunch on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 6
• Travel Insurance - you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
What you need to take:
• Original Passport
• ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
• Walking boots
• Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
• Warm jacket
• Hat and gloves
• Comfortable Trousers
• Sun hat
• Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
• Insect repellant
• Toiletries and hand sanitiser
• Personal medication
• Camera and film
• Torch with spare batteries
- Inca Trail To Machupicchu 2 Days
- Inca Trail To Machupicchu 4 Days
- Lares and Machupicchu 4 Days
- Inca Jungle 4 Days
- Choquequirao - The Lost City 4 Days
- Inca Trail Private Journey 5 Days
- Salkantay Machupicchu 5 Days
- Ausangate 6 Days
- Salkantay Machupicchu 6 Days
- Choquequirao 8 Days
- Corridor of Vilcanota 8 Days
CUSCO TREKKING TOURS
- Tours in Cusco
- Tours in Lima
- Tours in Arequipa
- Tours in Puno
- Tours in Huaraz
- Tours in Iquitos
25% Discount of for season
Discount on services and