DAY 1 Caiman Cocha
Upon your arrival in Puerto Maldonado, Peru´s Capital City of Biodiversity, we will welcome you at the airport. Then, we´ll start our program with a visit around the city, on a bus. Afterwards, we will go to Puerto Capitanía, to board a motorized riverboat, and we´ll navigate on the Madre de Dios River. During the journey, we will submerge into a fascinating natural environment, if we are lucky we will witness Ronsocos, Caimans, Turtles, Herons, Cormorants and other animal species in their natural environment. Arriving at the Ecoamazonia Lodge, we will enjoy an exquisite welcome drink, we´ll get settled in our bungalows and will have lunch together.
Once satisfied, you will be conducted by our specialized tour guide through an interpretive trail conveniently signposted to the Caimán Cocha, a small lake with an abundant presence of specimens of Black Caiman (Melanosuchus Niger) and Caiman (Caiman Crocodilus).
At the end of the evening, you will witness the spectacular sunset in the Amazon, an experience full of intensities overwhelming color ranges.
Upon returning to the Lodge, a delicious dinner will await you, and enjoy free time to share unforgettable moments at the bar, equipped with an excellent game room and all the drinks you can imagine.
DAY 2 Lake Apu Victor.
The morning begins with the sound of beautiful birdsongs from the Amazon Paradise. A hearty breakfast will provide the energy for a morning full of new experiences.
After breakfast, we´ll start to hike towards the depths of the forest, on trails especially prepared, with bridges to cross gorges and rivers.
During the journey we will observe the flooded forest and a variety of Flora and Wildlife, and continuing we´ll get to the majestic Lake Apu Victor with its crystal clear waters, surrounded by marshes and giant trees.
Afterwards, we´ll go up to the Observation Deck, from which we´ll enjoy a panoramic view on the lake, observing Parrots, Macaws, Toucans, Camungos, Shanshos, Herons and other animals, such as Caimans, Turtles, etc., and if we are lucky, we´ll have a chance to observe the Giant Otter, one of the rainforest´s most spectacular animals.
After several hours, we will head back to the Lodge to enjoy lunch together.
In the afternoon, accompanied by our specialized guide, we will visit Monkey Island, a unique place in the heart of Madre de Dios River, five minutes away from the Lodge. During the hike, we will observe extraordinary landscapes, with an exuberant flora, sheltering a variety of monkey species, in their natural habitat, such as Maquisapas, Capuchins, Small Lion Monkeys, Frailes, Cotos and other animal species like the Coati and Sloths and a great variety of birds.
Finally, we´ll complete our visit of the island, enjoying the sunset, with the most impressive dusk in the jungle. Back to the lodge we conclude the day with a pleasant dinner.
DAY 3 Departure.
After a restful night's sleep, the morning begins with the sound of beautiful birdsongs from the Amazon Paradise. In our dining room awaits a farewell breakfast before embarking the return to Puerto Maldonado.
• Transfers: Airport – Lodge – Airport
• Complete meals
• Lodging in traditional bungalows
• Excursions with specialized guides
• Entrance fee to the Reserved Zone of Manu National Park S/. 150 per person (about US$ 55).
• Sodas, alcoholic drinks, tips, mineral water for the first day
• First Breakfast neither last dinner.
We Recommend to Bring:
• Sleeping bag (Optional)
• Binoculars, Camera.
• Warm clothing (in case of a cold front), long sleeve shirts and long pants (cotton)
• 100% waterproof rain gear (long poncho or rain wear)
• Insect repellant (at least 50% Deet), sunscreen lotion
• Hiking shoes and sandals
• Flashlight, enough batteries (alkaline) and bulbs
• Wide brim hat (for sunny days), sun glasses
• Towel, swimming suit, personal medicines and/or supplies (liquid for contact lenses, for example).
• Day pack, and one back pack or duffel bag of luggage per person
• One bottle of water for the first day, plastic bags.
- The Upper Tambopata 2 Days
- Peru Jungle Tours 3 Days
- A Rainforest Magic Experience 3 Days
- Unique Wildlife Aventure in Jungle 4 Days
- Rainforest Adventure road trip Tambopata 4 Days
- Extended visit to The Amazon Paradise 5 Days
Puerto Maldonado Tours
- Tours in Cusco
- Tours in Lima
- Tours in Arequipa
- Tours in Puno
- Tours in Huaraz
- Tours in Iquitos
25% Discount of for season
Discount on services and